Thursday, September 16, 2010

Crank The Shield 2010 - I'm Back!


Well, though I stated that I never planned on doing CTS again (due to the 3 day solo mud slog last time), I opted to give it another try. This time it is with two time BC Bike Race (Team Winded) member, "Turbo". We didn't really train for the event but have decent fitness from a Summer of fun rides.
We'll be heading up this afternoon in VW vans and camping out. Also attending from Chelsea are StewE and BurnE (over 100 team) and Iain (Overkill) riding solo.

Unfortunately, Chico (Adam) of Chicoracing has sent out a warning email that wet and muddy conditions can be expected. Growl...
Oh well, at least this time I will be riding with someone else. We're keeping a positive attitude and looking forward to some great trails - muddy or not. If I have time, I'll post some info on the gear that we're using. (Purpose built Intense Spider II, SLR's, XO, Thomson, etc...)

No comments: